Trauma centers provide highly-trained physicians, specialists, critical care nurses and support staff who are available around the clock to care for your most serious healthcare needs. Trauma centers often provide burn care for individuals suffering from minor to severe burns.
Trauma center in North Nashville
A traumatic injury can affect you and your loved ones, but we can help.
TriStar Skyline Medical Center is a Level II Trauma Center in Davidson County. From motor vehicle accidents to falls, we are equipped to handle the most critical healthcare emergencies across the region. Whether by ground or by air, our trauma experts are highly trained to care for you.
Learn more about our related specialties.
Traumatic conditions we treat
With traumatic injuries, time is crucial. Our trauma team is dedicated to providing fast and effective critical care to help minimize injury and reduce recovery time. Some of the critical injuries we treat are related to:
- Poison ingestion
- Smoke inhalation
Our trauma care services
As a trauma hospital, we are accredited by the American College of Surgeons and are required to meet rigorous national standards in critical care delivery.
Benefits of our trauma center
Features of our trauma center include:
- Access to advanced care and rehabilitation services at our family of hospitals across Middle Tennessee and Southern Kentucky
- Critical care unit, surgical suites and advanced imaging located next to the ER for fast diagnosis and treatment
- Trauma rooms located directly inside the ambulance entrance
- Two helipads located outside the emergency room to provide rapid response time
Coordinated emergency medical services (EMS) response
EMS professionals make split-second, lifesaving decisions when transferring patients to our emergency room. We work closely with EMS partners all over Middle Tennessee who provide care at the scene of an accident and safely transport patients to our hospital. During transport, our highly trained trauma staff stands ready to receive these patients.
Experienced trauma team
Our trauma center provides highly trained physicians, specialists, critical care nurses and support staff who are available around the clock to provide the highest level of lifesaving care for your most serious healthcare needs. We also provide burn care for individuals suffering from minor to severe burns. Our care team includes:
- Board-certified trauma surgeons
- Oral maxillofacial surgeons
- Orthopedic surgeons
- Trauma-trained staff
Preventing a traumatic injury
Traumatic injuries are unexpected. While there are a variety of normal life situations in which trouble can potentially arise, there are an equal number of simple measures you can take in order to avoid injury.
Tips for injury prevention
To help reduce your chances of trauma, here are a few steps you can take in order to maintain safety in your daily life:
- Always use seat belts.
- Develop a fire safety plan.
- Do not use a cell phone while driving.
- If you have firearms in the house, make sure they are kept unloaded and in a locked location.
- Install night lights, grab bars and handrails to help prevent falls in the home.
- Keep poisons, medicine and cleaning supplies locked up and away from small children.
- Make sure all alarms and fire equipment (smoke alarms, carbon monoxide detectors and fire extinguishers) are up to date.
- Never drive or operate any equipment while under the influence of alcohol or drugs (including certain prescription medications).
- Teach all family members about water safety.
- Teach children to swim.
- Wear appropriate protective gear when using power tools.
- Wear the appropriate safety equipment for all sports and recreation activities (e.g., wear a helmet while biking).
Trauma services at TriStar Skyline Medical Center
Our hospital was the first Level II Trauma Center in Tennessee to be verified by the American College of Surgeons (ACS). This means that we have demonstrated a commitment to delivering the highest level of quality trauma care in meeting national standards.
Looking for a Location?
Read our blogs to learn about preventive care and ways you can lead a healthier lifestyle.