For visitors at TriStar Skyline Medical Center
We welcome visitors and guests to our hospital. Please review our visitor guidelines, and read more about our services and amenities, including a cafeteria, gift shop and ATM.
6:00am — 6:00pm Inpatients are allowed 1 designated visitor.
- Visitors must be at least 12 years old.
- Each visitor will be screened.
- Masks are to be worn by visitors at all times
- Visitors are not permitted in rooms with high-risk patients or COVID positive patients.
Considerations will be made based on situational circumstances
Emergency room visitation policy:
- Emergency room patients are allowed one (1) designated visitor, 24 hours a day.
Additional visitor information:
- All patients and visitors will be screened upon entry, required to wear a mask, and an armband indicating they have been screened.
- Visitors who screen positive at entry will be asked to reschedule their visit until they are symptom-free. We encourage virtual visitation during this time.
Thank you for your help in maintaining a safe environment for our patients, colleagues, and community.
Visitor policy allowances:
- Confirmed or suspected COVID-19 patients in inpatient and ICU settings may have up to 2 designated visitors during their entire stay, with 1 permitted at the bedside per day for a maximum of 30 minutes; visitors may not swap out throughout the day except in an end-of-life circumstance.
- End-of-life patients may have 2 visitors at the bedside at a time; visitors may switch out throughout the day for as long as the clinical team (i.e., attending physician, Administrative Nursing Supervisor, CNO/ACNO) deems that is safe and feasible.
Visitor policy restrictions:
- All Non-COVID visitor restrictions will apply to COVID visitation.
- Visitors not willing to comply with the masking policy of remaining masked during the entire visitation or failure to follow visitation procedures can result in loss of visitation privileges.
Expectations for visitors:
- Acknowledge that although we are taking measures to keep you safe, we are not responsible for exposures. Visiting in these rooms is not without risk.
- Masks are required at all times upon building entry and while inside the facility, including in patient rooms.
- Prior to room entry, visitors must wear a non-fit tested N95.
- Remain in the patient’s room for the duration of the visit, and avoid outside common areas (e.g., cafeteria, waiting rooms, etc.).
- Do not visit other patients while in the facility.
- Notify the care team upon arrival to and from the unit.
- Additional items should not be brought into the facility, consider bagging phone if needed. All items should be cleaned upon exiting the patient room.
- Perform hand hygiene at entry/exit of the building, department/unit and the patient’s room.
- Notify the clinical care team if signs or symptoms of illness develop during visit.
- Adhere to facility visiting hours.
- Failure to adhere to these guidelines may result in visiting privileges being revoked for the duration of the patient’s stay.
Circumstances may allow for specific exceptions to any visitation restrictions described on this webpage. Those circumstances include religious visitation as well as a designated support person for a patient with a disability to provide assistance with communication or other necessary components of the patient's treatment. All persons entering under an exception remain subject to appropriate infection control protocols.
Information for our visitors
Visits from family and friends are welcome and can be beneficial to a patient’s recovery. In addition to certain guidelines we hope you will follow, here is a comprehensive list of hospital visitor amenities.
An ATM machine is located in the cafeteria near the vending machines.
The courtyard cafeteria is located on the ground level and is open seven days a week for the following hours:
Monday through Friday
- Breakfast 6:30am to 9:30am
- Lunch 11:00am to 1:45pm
- Dinner 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm
Weekends and holidays
- Breakfast 6:30am to 9:30am
- Lunch 11:00am to 1:45pm
Before any food or beverages (for guest or patient) are brought into a patient’s room, please check with the nurse first. Patients may be on a strict diet and/or may be sensitive to sight and smell of food.
Pastoral care and spiritual counseling can play an important role for both patients and families during times of illness and injury.
Available 24 hours a day, a chaplain can be reached by notifying the nursing staff. Our chapel is located on the first floor down the hall from admissions.
Our gift shop is located on the ground floor. The shop features a wide variety of unique gift items, cards, toys, games, candy and flowers. Hours of operation are posted at the entrance.
The patient information desk is located in the main lobby and is available to provide room numbers, directions and other information. The telephone number for patient information is extension 34636.
Medical office building
The Skyline Medical Plaza is conveniently located next to Skyline Medical Center for physician offices and other healthcare-related services.
No smoking policy
Out of respect for our patients and the good health of everyone around them, we are a non-smoking facility. We appreciate your adherence to this policy and request that you refrain from smoking while on the hospital campus. Designated smoking areas outside the facility are available.
Visitor parking is located directly in front of the hospital and beside the ER entrance. Additional parking is available in front of the TriStar Skyline Medical Office Plaza. Security personnel are on duty 24 hours a day patrolling the area, but please be sure to lock up and don't leave valuables unattended in your car.
The pharmacy is located on the first floor in the Skyline Medical Plaza. Hours are Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 5:30pm and Saturday from 9:00am to 1:00pm. In addition to filling prescriptions, the pharmacy can also arrange for medical equipment that may be needed at home following a patient's discharge.
Security guards are on duty 24 hours a day. You may see them patrolling the hospital and parking areas. If you would like escort service to your vehicle or if you need to contact security, please call the hospital operator by dialing 0.
Vending machines are located outside of the cafeteria and in the emergency room (ER) waiting area.
Our specialty units have the following visiting hours:
- Acute Adult A — Sunday 2:00pm to 4:00pm
- Acute Adult B — Saturday 2:00pm to 4:00pm
- Dual — Saturday 2:00pm to 4:00pm
- Geriatric unit — Wednesday 4:00pm to 6:00pm and Saturday 10:00am to 12:00pm
- Intensive care — 10:00am to 1:00pm, 3:00pm to 5:00pm and 8:00pm to 9:00pm
- Mood and Stress unit — Sunday 2:00pm to 4:00pm
Visitation is allowed during mealtime. Please check with the nursing staff regarding patient’s therapy schedule. A family member may stay overnight with a patient, but please notify the nursing staff that someone will be spending the night. Rolling cots are available for family members who stay overnight.
The Skyline Auxiliary provides many volunteer services throughout the hospital, in addition to raising funds for worthwhile community projects and medical scholarships. For information about becoming a member of this active group, contact the Volunteer Office at (615) 769-2200.