Whether you need to register for a procedure or schedule an outpatient visit, you can find the contact information you need, along with details on co-pays, where to park, registration hours and what to bring to your doctor visit.
To register online at TriStar Skyline Medical Center, sign in using your MyHealthONE® account.
Online registration is only available for the following service types:
- Surgery, procedure or scheduled appointment
- Scheduled screening mammogram
What you will need
Please make sure you have all necessary information available to complete this process. You will need:
- All contact information (patient, responsible party, and emergency contacts)
- All current insurance cards (including Medicare and Medicaid)
- Date of scheduled visit or expected delivery date
- Family and ordering physician first and last names
- Employer contact information
The Patient Registration Department of TriStar Skyline welcomes you as a patient. The main admitting area is located on the first floor of the hospital just inside the main entrance. It is open for registration Mon -Fri: 6:00am - 6:00pm. In addition, we are offering outpatient services on Saturday mornings. We are happy to answer any questions you might have concerning your visit by calling (615) 769-7030.
To obtain an appointment for outpatient services please call (615) 768-2020. The Central Scheduling staff will work with you and your physician to arrange your appointment at a time convenient to your schedule.
The emergency department is open 24 hours per day, 7 days a week. In addition to taking care of emergency patients, this department registers all after hours admissions and patients who need outpatient testing. To make inquiries, please call (615) 769-4401.
You should park near the main entrance to TriStar Skyline. Free valet parking is available at TriStar Skyline Medical Plaza (physicians’ office building).
When you come for your appointment, you will need to bring:
- Photo ID
- Insurance Card
- Physician Orders (if given to you)
Your personal, physician, and insurance information will be updated for each appointment. This will help ensure your billing is done correctly.
Co-payments and Deductibles
If your insurance coverage requires deductibles, co-insurance or co-payments, you will be asked to pay these amounts at the time services are rendered. Our registration staff will discuss financial arrangements with you, if needed.
Please bring a list of all regular medications you take.
- For your comfort, you may choose to wear loose comfortable clothing.
- For safety reasons, children (who are not the patient) may not be present during a procedure or left unattended in the waiting room.
- Ask your physician whether or not you will need to arrange for someone to drive you home after your test.