TriStar Hendersonville Medical Center is excited to welcome back volunteers. If you are motivated to donate your time and talents, we invite you to join our team.
Come join the TriStar Hendersonville volunteers
Come join the TriStar Hendersonville volunteers. We work closely with each new volunteer to find an assignment that best matches their interests, skills/talents and motivation. We provide uniform jackets and no-cost meals during cafeteria hours. Thank you for your interest in applying to volunteer at our hospitals — and for your interest in making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and our staff!
- Lobby greeter and wayfinding
- Hospital department support
- Pet therapy (certification required)
- Chaplain activities
- Assist in special hospital events
- Provides appropriate customer service to all patients, visitors, physicians and colleagues while showing courtesy, compassion and respect
- Demonstrates good problem-solving abilities, ensuring issues are resolved or contacting other knowledgeable parties as necessary to assist
- Chooses appropriate channels and times to discuss complaints and concerns with assistant administrator and chaplain
- Maintains the strictest patient confidentiality by following hospital patient privacy rules and politely reminding others to do the same when necessary
- Participates in continuous quality improvement activities by making suggestions for improvement and helping evoke positive changes
- Keeps supervisor appropriately informed of daily activities and developments
- Performs assignments accurately and in a timely manner
- Maintains good attendance and is consistently on time
- Stays informed regarding hospital and department issues by attending meetings and reading correspondence
- Actively participates in personal development plans by attending hospital-provided continuing education programs and professional development activities
- Actively participates in the team spirit of the area or unit assigned, helps to accomplish the department’s mission and lends a helping hand to other members of the team as appropriate
- Maintains environment of care standards by knowing and following procedures in life safety, fire safety, infection control, universal precautions and security
- Demonstrates an understanding of the HCA Corporate Integrity Agreement and the objectives of the ethics and compliance program, as evidenced by participation in hospital-provided periodic training and adherence to regulations and policies
- Displays a clean, neat appearance in adherence to hospital volunteer dress policy
- Possesses basic computer knowledge and a valid email address
- Submit the application form and references
- Interview with Volunteer Coordinator/Chaplain
- Complete a successful background check
- Meet health requirements, including annual TB screening, flu shot, MMR and Varicella immunity and TDAP; COVID-19 vaccinations may also be mandated by state and/or federal regulations
- Attend volunteer orientation and occasional continuing education classes
- Participate in a minimum of 3-4 volunteer hours per week for at least 6 months
**Be aware there may be a waiting period to be notified due to processing time required, the volume of applications and orientation class scheduling**
To be considered for a volunteer position for TriStar Hendersonville, complete the volunteer application (18 years and older) and begin the process of becoming TriStar Hendersonville volunteer. Once the application is completed, you will be contacted by our Volunteer Coordinator/Chaplain who will request a phone or in-person interview.
Again, thank you for your interest in helping us help our patients by becoming a TriStar Hendersonville volunteer. We look forward to hearing from you.