For visitors at TriStar Hendersonville Medical Center
To help ensure our patients get to connect with their friends and family, we encourage you to look over our COVID-19 related masking and visitor policies and guidelines, as well as our visitor services, including Wi-fi access and a chaplain.
- Patients are permitted two visitors in the building at a time.
- We encourage visitors to coordinate their visits to prevent large groups from gathering in the cafeteria, lobbies, waiting rooms or other areas.
- No visitors under the age of 12.*
- Confirmed or suspected COVID-19 patients in inpatient and ICU settings may have up to two designated
visitors during their stay, with appropriate PPE.*
- We strongly encourage virtual visitation for patients who have been diagnosed with or are suspected as having COVID-19.
- Visitors may not swap out throughout the day, except in end-of-life circumstances or if warranted by the situation.
- Social distancing must be maintained in common spaces.
Circumstances may allow for specific exceptions to any visitation restrictions described on this webpage. Those circumstances include religious visitation as well as a designated support person for a patient with a disability to provide assistance with communication or other necessary components of the patient's treatment. All persons entering under an exception remain subject to appropriate infection control protocols.
Information for our visitors
For your convenience, we have put together some information to help answer your questions during your visit.
Complimentary Wi-Fi is available for patients and visitors.
The chapel is a quiet place for reflection, prayer and meditation. It is open 24/7 and is located near the emergency room adjacent to Medical Office Building A.
To reach a Chaplain, call the operator at 00.