What to bring
We want our patients to feel as comfortable as possible. Learn what items you will need during your inpatient stay, along with what you won�t need, so you can focus on finding better health and well-being.
Safety is a top priority at TriStar Skyline Madison, so there are certain items that cannot be allowed in the inpatient units. There are personal items that are allowed and will make your stay more comfortable. Items you should and should not bring are listed below. If there are items you are unsure about, a staff member will be available to advise you on whether or not an item is acceptable.
What to bring
- Several days of clothes that are appropriate and modest(no tank tops, strap shirts, short shorts, mini skirts, muscle shirts, sagging pants, suspenders or cowboy or work boots)
- Slippers or shoes without laces
- Prescription medication
- Journal or reading material (no staples or spirals)
What to leave
- Electronic devices (phones, radios, laptops, etc.)
- Weapons (includes knives)
- Food or liquids of any kind
- Tobacco products (nicotine patches and gum are available by physician order)
- Sexually explicit material
- Pillow or stuffed animals
- Belts, scarves or bandanas
- Jewelry (wedding bands are acceptable)
- Sharp or pointed nail files
*All items are evaluated on a case by case basis and are subject to change.