Gynecologists in Nashville, Tennessee, and Bowling Green, Kentucky
We address all women's healthcare needs, from adolescence to menopause.
TriStar Health’s range of gynecology services ensures your overall wellness. Our relationship-based approach to care prioritizes communication, compassion and mutual respect.
Looking for a location?
Gynecological conditions we treat
Gynecological conditions are complex and very personal, which is why our compassionate and experienced team of specialists treat a wide range of conditions both routine and complex, including:
- Abnormal bleeding
- Abnormal pap smears
- Fallopian tube obstruction
- Fibroid pain
- Gynecological cancers
- Heavy, irregular or painful menstrual cycles
- Ovarian cyst
- Pap smears
- Pelvic pain
- Sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- Urinary incontinence
Gynecological services we provide
At TriStar Health hospitals, we provide compassionate and skilled gynecological care for women in all stages of life across Middle Tennessee and South Central Kentucky. From your first period through menopause, our comprehensive services include routine and preventive care as well as advanced treatment for complex gynecological issues.
Gynecology evaluations and treatments
Our approach to women's lifelong health includes educational information for contraception and sexually transmitted infections (STIs). Helping women understand their bodies and options in this way is a crucial part of our complete care for women.
For a free physician referral or more information, call TriStar MedLine at (800) 242-5662.
Our other gynecology services include:
- Abnormal pap smear management
- Annual exams ("well-woman" visits)
- Breast cancer screening and imaging
- Contraception counseling and procedures
- Evaluation and management of heavy, irregular or painful menstrual cycles
- Fibroid pain evaluation and treatment
- Gynecological cancer screening
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Infertility evaluation, testing and treatment
- Menopause management
- Osteoporosis management
- Pap smears
- Pelvic pain evaluation and treatment
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) screening and treatment
- Urinary incontinence evaluation and treatment
Screening for cancer is part of the care we offer patients. Gynecologic cancers — sometimes called gynecologic cancers — include those that begin in a woman's reproductive system. The primary types of gynecological cancers are cervical, ovarian, uterine, vaginal and vulvar.
If abnormal results are found or a cancer diagnosis is given, our gynecologists and women's specialists work closely with our oncology department to provide patient-focused care with compassion during this difficult time.
Gynecological cancer and other women's health issues may sometimes require surgical treatment.
Some of the gynecological surgeries we specialize in include:
- Bladder repair
- Cystocele repair
- Diagnostic laparoscopies (with or without laser)
- Endometriosis procedures
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Loop electrosurgical excision procedure (LEEP)
- Permanent sterilization techniques
- Stress incontinence treatment
- Ovarian cyst removal
- Total laparoscopic hysterectomy
- Tubal ligations
We offer minimally invasive surgery to reduce the scarring, bleeding and discomfort associated with traditional surgery. Minimally invasive surgery, including robotic surgery, uses advanced techniques that require smaller incisions than traditional surgery.
During robotic surgery, mechanical "arms" are controlled by a specially trained surgeon throughout the procedure. Robotic assistance allows surgeons to access difficult-to-reach places and perform surgery with greater precision and control then what the human hand can do on its own. Because everything can be done through small incisions, patients experience reduced pain, blood loss and trauma to the body.
Women's robotic surgery
Read our blogs to learn about preventive care and ways you can lead a healthier lifestyle.