Psychiatric pharmacy residency
For more information about our program, please contact Katie Liveoak, program director.
PGY2 psychiatric pharmacy residency program
The PGY2 psychiatric pharmacy residency program is shared between HCA and TriStar Centennial Medical Center Parthenon Pavilion. TriStar Centennial Parthenon Pavilion is a 132-bed inpatient psychiatric facility located on the campus of HCA's flagship hospital, TriStar Centennial Medical Center, and will serve as the primary practice site for the resident. Throughout the year, the resident will be involved in projects at the facility and corporate level. The resident will also have many opportunities to be involved in and network with other psychiatric pharmacists at the local, state and national level.
As members of a team of nine pharmacy residents, each resident performs the vital role as preceptor for students rotating through the corporate office practice site. HCA has strong ties to three local schools of pharmacy and involvement with several others nationwide.
This program will prepare graduates for clinical and leadership positions in psychiatric pharmacy.
Get to know the team
Katie Liveoak, PharmD, BCPP
PGY-2 Psychiatric Pharmacy Program Director
Required learning experiences
- Adult inpatient psychiatry (2 months)
- Geriatric/memory care psychiatry
- Adolescent psychiatry
- Substance use disorders
- Intensive outpatient program
- Clinical decision making and leadership
Year-long longitudinal learning experiences
- Professional development
- Acute clinical pharmacy
- Research and project management
Sites of practice
- TriStar Centennial Medical Center
- TriStar Centennial Medical Center Parthenon Pavilion
- TriStar Skyline Medical Center Madison Campus
- HCA Clinical Service Group (Corporate Office)
- Forensic psychiatry
- Medication safety
- Teaching and Learning Program (TLP) Certificate (UT College of Pharmacy)
- Emergency medicine
In addition to a competitive salary, resident also enjoy additional benefits:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance available through the University of Tennessee
- Travel allowance for participation in professional meetings
- Free parking
- Access to corporate gym/workout facility
Utilize the PhORCAS system to submit the following information by December 31, 2020.
- Letter of intent
- Three letters of recommendation
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Official school transcripts